Thursday, January 28, 2010

A JUMP ON MOTHERS DAY


Ok so I have a memory about as useful as a chocolate teapot and every year I am always late getting my mum a card.  So this year I decided to get a wiggle on and make her a card in advance that way I have some hope of getting it to Australia on time!!!

The papers are from the paperbox, they have a lovely shimmer to them which doesn't show in the photo. I chose blue as this is my mums favourite colour. I based this card on a sketch for a forum challenge. I tore the strip that sits in the middle of the card and inked the edges in a lovely baby blue.  I punched some 3d butterflies using the fabby papermania punch.....LOVE that punch and a added a few pearls to them for a bit of bling.  I did some stitching around the edge of the card using some gorgeous organza ribbon

I stamped my sentiment in pale blue ink then embossed it with clear embossing powder and my card was complete.

1 comment:

  1. I love the softness of this card and the wonderful little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete