Sunday, January 24, 2010

CHANGES



This is my newest layout which I did last night when I got home from my crop.  There are no photos just some articles from two newspapers to mark a big change ahead for me and my family.  My company announce on Tuesday morning.....via a powerpoint presentation I might add, that my job along with 195 others in Dublin was 'surplus to requirement', ie we can get your work done cheaper else where so sorry peeps but you are out on your ear!!!  I know its the way of the world these days but as we are still in a recession and jobs are thin on the ground I am not looking forward to joining the unemployment queue in the next few months!!!!

Anyhoo, I am a scrapper and this is an important milestone in my life so I decided a layout was required to mark this event.  Given that it is a dark subject, I decided a dark and dirty layout was required.  I picked some gorgeous Pink Paislee hallowean papers for the occasion and the sketch is based on the latest sketch challenge over at The Scrap Room Blog I used a fab Maya Road plastic circle overlay and then cut out and inked my papers.....suitably edged in black ink!!!  I added some gems, buttons and American Crafts thickers to finish the layout.

It is not my usual neat and clean layout but somehow it reflected my mood at the announcement!!!

2 comments:

  1. Char, i'm really sorry about the job news,try and keep the chin up, something will come along. ( and until then you'll have more time to scrap)
    The LO is cool, it's very expressive.
    I also had a quick peek at your crop results, love the colours and I agree about the Papermania punch, I heard a rumour that there is a floral one as well!
    Good luck
    Katie-Do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO Charm and I am sure something better will turn up for you just when you need it to.

    ReplyDelete