Sunday, January 24, 2010

FIRST CROP OF 2010



I attended my first crop of the year in Wexford town yesterday.  Been going to South East Crafters crops since it began last year and always have a great time.  Laura does a great class, we craft, we chat and we shop.....what better way to spend the day??

This month we were using various distressing techniques and made the fab layout above first.  We used GORGEOUS K and Company papers and I distressed the edges of both the paper and the card stock with my trusty nail file.  We then inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress inks and used some liquid pearls to make a flourish on the paper. We then added a circle and a border to which I added some fab cream lace I bought before I mounted my photo and added some pop up butterflies (how fab is that papermania punch !!!) To finish my layout I added some buttons from my stash and some American Craft thickers.  Tis another layout for my wedding album done.....Yippee!!!




For the second part of the class we made the card.  Again using K and Co papers which we distressed as well.....this time I tore the papers instead of using the file.  Again we inked the edges with Tim Holtz inks, added a cardstock border, complemented by more cream lace.  We stamped a tree image in brown chalk ink and finished the card off with some card candy and a stamped sentiment.  We also added another of them cute butterflies !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment