Monday, April 26, 2010

Crafty Angels - Summer


This weeks challenge over on the Crafty Angels Blog is summer and given all the lovely sunny weather we have had of late I was in the right frame of mind to think all things summery!!!  I love this Sarah Kay image, she is called  'Elodie in her Garden' and she is one of my favourites!!

I decided to use yellows and browns, these are colours that remind me of summers back home in Zim where the summers are dry but the flowers are beautiful and bright.  I coloured her in using promarkers and then cut her out using my new megabilities, I lightly inked the edges with distress ink, then mounted her on some brown card stock that I had embossed using my swiss dots embossing folder. 

Ever since I came across a turtorial on how to make cards with my nesties I have loved making them, so I decided this image would be perfect on a nestie card!!!  I cut out some yellow cardstock using the largest of the megabilities and then glued it together with some ds tape and added some brown ribbon from my stash for effect.  I added some flowers and shiny brads from my stash and a little glossy accents to finish off the card.

thanks for looking

3 comments:

  1. Awww Char that is gorgeous, love the brown & yellow, they look so good together & the image is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a stunning card and colour combo I had forgotten about so now you got me started on yellows and browns - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete