Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Communion Cards



So the marathon card making session continues :o) This time it was for my niece's communion, I had to make several cards from various members of the family so again they had to all be different.  Don't get me wrong I rarely make the same card, I like to do things a little different but these had to be completely different from papers to stamps to layout etc.  Again I had help and inspiration from many crafty friends to whom I am eternally grateful!!!

In the first card above I used the handmade rose technique and ribbon threading that I learnt at Jackie's workshop. The roses are SOOOOO easy to make and look so pretty.  This one is made using white paper which I inked and stickled!!! The image is called 'Spring has Sprung' and she is part of the Sugar Nellie range from Funky Kits. As is the image on the card below, she is a Gorjuss Girl and one of my favourite girlie girl images!!



The next card is made using a whiff of joy stamp that a friend Pam kindly stamped for me.  LOVE this image, it is sooo gentle and pretty. Plus I got to play with my new roses embossing folder which I inked with my distress inks!!!



And finally a some more religious cards, the first of which I did in white and silver, using a bible that another crafty friend Jess kindly cut out for me.
  The second one is made from a kit I got at Jess's workshop last weekend!!!




thanks for looking :o)

2 comments: