Sunday, May 16, 2010

224



I was having a look through so old photos and came across this picture of me taken about 10 years ago now when I first arrived in Ireland.  I am sitting on the steps outside my first flat that I shared with my best friend. I remember how excited and yet afraid I was on my first trip abroad.....I also remember how cold it was :o)  After growing up in Africa the Irish summers are just NOT warm :o)  Alot has happened since that day, some good, some bad but all of it worth while so I was driven to scrap that picture to always remember where my Irish adventure began......I have sooo many good memories about that place!!!

My new kits had just arrived from The Scrap Room and I absolutely LOVE the new Pink Paislee line called 'Queen Bee' so I decided to use these papers.  I cut strips of patterned paper which I added a zig zag to using one of my Martha Stewart punches I got over on Cardz n Scrapz I cut and mounted my photo using my new megabilities nesties (these are the dogs pyjamas!!!) and added some jeweled brads and paper buttons using yet anothe Martha Stewart punch!!!  I added the title 224 which was the number of the house our flat was in.  At the top I added a strip of pleated material also from Pink Paislee! and finally I added some hidden journaling under the photo and the layout was done!!




3 comments:

  1. thats one helluva special photo and LO Char and I love the muted colours and punching... they are so like safari colours and its just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO Charm, love the way you have layered the papers too. good luck with the challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page and a great memory to scrap :)

    ReplyDelete